Having difficulty in swallowing. What should I do?
User rating for this question
Hi I'm a 44 year old female, otherwise healthy apart from in the last week I have sometimes had difficulty swallowing fluids, no problems with food.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficulty swallowing fluids,throat,esophagus Detailed Answer: Hi, It is good that you are healthy and wish you will continue like this. There are many problems related to difficulty while swallowing fluids, but, first, I'd like to know if you are having also pain? At the moment being, I'd only suggest to try more thick fluids rather than fluids only. Mix them with blended fruits for example. Try to swallow slowly with your mind elsewhere (e.g.doing conversations, watch tv or listening). This is the make your swallowing much easier. If no improvement, you should consult a GI specialist to rule out - mouth and throat problems - and/or any problem related to nerves and/or muscles of esophagus. Hope this answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, feel free to ask to me. I'd be glad to assist you. Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: Having difficulty in swallowing. What should I do? 9 hours later
I am not having any pain.
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Not having any pain,difficulty swallowing fluids.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. It is good that you are not having any pain. At this point, I'd suggest to make some changes in the foods and drinks you take for some time. Such problems will vanish by time. If no improvement, can consult a GI for further investigations. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Bardha If you do not have any other clarifications, please do not forget to close this thread and rate my answer. Thank you.
People also viewed
- Throbbing clitoris discomfort
- Treat itchy clitoris
- What causes difficulty in swallowing and heartburn
- Medication for swelling of the chest and pain with copd
- Medication for the wound on the upper lip
- What is the cause for the difficulty in swallowing food
- Why did i get my period when on meprate
- Torn labia
- Symptoms or effects of bulky uterus
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- Uterine septum pelvic kidney
- How to treat swelling in ankle and lower leg
- Having difficulty in swallowing what should i do
- What is the burning sensation when i kneel down
- What are the symptoms of difficulty swallowing?