Having difficulty in breathing, had inflammation of the lining of the lungs. Puffer did not help, on oxygen

my name is XXXXXXX and i am having difficulty breathing intermittently. I had inflamation of the lining of the lungs in january, since then ihave had episodes where i cannot get a deep breath and it is difficult to yawn it gets to where I cross my eyes to try to breath when I yawn. I have tried a puffer but it has not really helped. I am on oxygen at night because my oxygen levels are low when I sLeep. Inbetween episodes when I am able to get a deep breath it still takes an effort to breathe. Can you help me?
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 20 minutes later

The breathing difficulty in your case appears to be because of the heart problem. You have not mentioned what heart condition you are suffering from. You may consult a cardiologist who can have a complete look at you and review your treatment.

The breathing difficulty could also be because of lung problem as you have mentioned about inflammation of lung lining and that you are taking oxygen. It could be asthma, chronic bronchitis or some other disease like ILD. You need a complete check up and investigstions like x XXXXXXX chest, pft, ct scan etc. Pl consult a pulmonologist for this. You may need inhalers(puffers) havind beta agonists and anti inflammatory substances.The advice regarding this also can be got from pulmonologist.