Having difficulty in breathing and feeling something below lungs. What is the treatment?
User rating for this question
I am having great difficulty with breathing---not the lungs--seems something below the lungs around stomach area contracts and cuts off the oxygen, Is that possible?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, its possible. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Yes, it is possible. Any large mass or lots of fluid in the abdominal cavity needs an extra space. Such space is achieved due to diaphragm compression what results in lungs compression. Such abdomen is usually above the thorax level when laying down. Obesity can also cause such symptoms. You should also be aware that what you feel like abdominal compression does not have to be in the abdomen. Some lungs diseases can also act like that. I suggest you to have abdominal ultrasound if you are certain that the problem is in the abdominal cavity. If you have also cough, chest X-ray and spirometry (blow test) needs to be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Poststreptococcal reactive arthritis causes
- Treatment and cure for QRS tachycardia
- Treatment and cure for Difficulty breathing
- Chewing tobacco making me feel tired
- Vinegar smelling sweat in children
- Why some children eat slate pen
- Pulmonary thromboembolism causes
- Can ureaplasma urealyticum be passed to children
- Symptoms of Pubic louse
- Can children get gardnerella
- What is the treatment for chest pain and difficulty breathing
- Treatment and cure for difficulty breathing headache
- Difficulty breathing and feeling weak
- Symptoms of Pulsating tumor
- Difficulty breathing feeling sick