Having diarrhoea, feeling cramps and itchy anus. Taking medication. Any alternate solution?

Jan 2013

what is happening to me i have diarreah for over a month my stomach is always cramping at the same time my anus is always itchy i'm very much concern about my health i've already taken antibiotics and anti diarreah medicine but none of them helps by the way the medications that i have taken which has no effect on me includes metronidazole 250 mg,azithromycin250mg, and loperamide hydrocloride 2mg
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Presence of diarrhea with cramping may be due to acute gastroenteritis / obstruction due to adenomas.
Do you have fever/ vomiting/ defecation after taking meals/ abdominal bloating and heaviness?
Do you have all symptoms since few days with 2-3 months?
Do you have history of weight loss/ bleeding per rectum/ altered bowel habits?
Presence of itching at anus with cramping may be due to worm infestation but in such cases diarrhea is less possible.
You should consult with physician and gastro-physician and should go for following investigations: complete blood count, stool examination, ultrasound imaging, renal function test, thyroid profile, serum electrolytes, UGI endoscopy (affection of duodenal mucosa may cause watery shit), colonoscopy.
You should avoid milk and all milk products.
You should take complete antibiotic course with ofloxacin, metronidazole and cefixime on written prescription.
Kindly don't take loperamide.
You should also take deworming therapy.
Let me know your views.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Having diarrhoea, feeling cramps and itchy anus. Taking medication. Any alternate solution? 1 hour later
i never had fever and vomiting but abdomenal bloating and heavyness yes no history of weight loss but sometimes a thin blood is visible on toilet paper
do i have the signs and symptoms of colon cancer
Do you have pain at anal site along with itching?
You should go for above advised investigations along with endoscopy for UGI tract evaluation.
Presence of blood may be due to blood from anus or from proximal large intestine.
You should go for thorough check up along with colonoscopy for better evaluation.
Presence of 2-3 symptoms doesn't mean any major illness.
Colon cancer is a major disease and before diagnosing, proper work up is essential.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava