Having diarrhea with pain in stomach, spleen and intestine. On gluten free diet. Any thoughts?

hi doctor,

I have had diarrhea for the past 2 days and feel pain in my stomach, spleen, and intestines. I fell little surges of adrenaline every one in a while. I had mono 3 years ago. I have been on a gluten free/ dairy free diet for the last month because of stomach bloating and gas. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 4 hours later

Possibly, you have an intestinal infection as a cause of diarrhea, another possibility is a worsening of underlying intestinal problem you have.

Usually gluten free diet is prescribed to those who have celiac disease and diary free to those with lactose intolerance. If you have any of these then you need to look for the compliance to dietary therapy.

Can take a mild anti diarrheal available over the counter and a probiotic.

If symptoms do not settle or are severe with severe pain then you need to get to Emergency Room at earliest.

Continue adequate hydration and can take mild anti spasmodic for pain.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.