Having diarrhea with mild body temperature after eating in mexican restaurant. Looking for cure

General Surgeon
my mother has diarrea with a body temp of 91.5 What can I do for her. She is 74. She was feeling okay until after eating at a Mexican Restaurant.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
I am very sorry for your mother.
After eating in mexican restaurant,she has acquired infection.It can be bacterial,parasitic or mixed.
So,she developed diarrhoea.
Please give her Oral rehydration solution regularly through out the day.The instructions will be on the XXXXXXX
To combat infection,Antibioitics like Ofloxacin and Metronidazole has to be used.You should add a Pre and Probiotic capsule also.
If there is no response,add another antibiotic Rifaxamine.
If her pulse is rapid and Blood pressure is low,she has to be given Intra Venous(IV) fluids under supervision of a doctor.
Due to loose stools,Blood pressure will be low.So,please give her BP tablet after checking Blood pressure regularly.You should give the tablet only when the recording is high.
Hope i answered your query
Wish her speedy recovery and good health.
If you have any doubts,i will clarify further