Having diarrhea and feeling nauseous. Took Levonelle. Is it a side effect of the pill?

Question
I took levonelle16 days ago after the condom split. My period arrived on Saturday/Sunday on time. Im now nearing the end of it, but for the last few days i have been having diarrhea and feeling slightly nauseous. I took two pregnancy tests (Friday and Saturday am) which were both negative. Is this just a side effect from the pill and its still in my system etc? Thanks
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unrelated to Levonelle Detailed Answer: Hi, I think your recent symptom of diarrhoea and nausea are not related to Levonelle. They might be different problem altogether. It could be related to the food or poisoning. Nausea signifies that the problem is gut related. You can take over the counter antidiarrhoeal medicines along with antacid. If the problem persists over 48 hours it is imperative to see a local doctor.

Follow-up: Having diarrhea and feeling nauseous. Took Levonelle. Is it a side effect of the pill? 3 minutes later
Thankyou. It hasnt been severe diarrhea, but 5 times yesterday and feeling bit yucky today with little appettite. Quite tired too with headaches. I also wanted to rule out pregnancy? As far as im aware I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary, or anything to give concern for food poisoning...?.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep sipping water and electrolytes. Detailed Answer: Home pregnancy tests are almost accurate. So I will not worry about Pregnancy after two tests. However you can test again on alternate days. Headache is because of dehydration. So keep sipping liquids with lemon, salt and sugar. It helps nausea as well.

Follow-up: Having diarrhea and feeling nauseous. Took Levonelle. Is it a side effect of the pill? 9 minutes later
Thankyou, I will drink more water. I just thought it might have been due to the Pill, stress of worrying about being pregnant over the last few weeks etc. This is the last day of my period, so hopefully things will improve.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stress Detailed Answer: Most often the things will improve with time. As you said stress has a key role and fear about pregnancy is greatest stress that I see. Do not worry.

Follow-up: Having diarrhea and feeling nauseous. Took Levonelle. Is it a side effect of the pill? 2 minutes later
Many thanks for your assistance and reassurance.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please close and rate Detailed Answer: Thank you. Write to me if in need.