Having diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, vomiting, fever, itchy rash all over body. Stomach flu?

Jan 2013

I think I came down with a stomach bug last Wedensday. It started with stomach discomfort then diahrrea. I threw up once that day but haven't since. I had a fever that day and the day after (101).

Now I still have diahrea as well as, starting last night, itch skin with some blotchy and spoty rash on my body. Only feel itchy or see the rash at night now.

My question is if this is still just the stomach flu working its way out or something else. Besides diahrrea, some feeling full and bloated after eating, and this itchy rash at night, I feel generally OK. I will also add my daughter (2 years old) was sick the week before me and has had diahrrea and loose stool for a week or so. So, it makes me think its a virus.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of Acute viral gastroenteritis.
Presence of watery diarrhea, abdominal discomfort suggests the diagnosis.
Associated itching and diarrhea could be due to intestinal parasitic infestation and you should go for stool routine microscopy examination for ova.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ endocrinologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, serum electrolytes, and renal function test.
You should take complete antibiotic therapy, probiotics, antispasmodics and antiallergic.
You should maintain your hydration by taking potassium XXXXXXX supplements.
Avoid milk and all milk related products such as cheese and butter.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava