Having diarrhea. Taking medication for the ulcerative colotis. Need help

Feb 2013

Yes, Pharmaceutical companies have patient assistant programs when the patient has no insurance for prescriptions and will supply patients medicatations free if they have no income or low income. Need help to contact the pharma-
ceutical manufacturer "Salix" for the medication "Colazal"

She has not had her medication for the ulcerative colotis in 8 months, has constant severe diarrhea, has had to go to ER many times because of dehydration. She knows to push the fluids all the time, but needs the medicine badly (colazal).
Thank you for assistance for being able to get on a patient assistance program for this medication for my dear friend. XXXXXXX A. XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 hours later
Thank you for your query,
I can provide the the contact details of Salix to get the medication Colazal under the program of patient assistance.

Phone : 1-800-508-0024
Fax : 1-510-595-8183

Eligibility to get the patient assistance program from Salix:
1. One must not be covered by private or public health insurance.
2. Income must be less than or equal to 200 percent of the Federal poverty
guideline for the size of one's household.

And an enrollment form should be filled and it should be signed by your doctor after completing the procedures.
Attach a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
The medication must be sent to the physician's office.
If you have any doubts, you can call to Salix Pharmaceuticals Program directly.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.