Having diabetes with venous leak. Side effects and cost of penile prosthesis?

whats the cost of penile prosthesis operation in india and is the side effects i m a diabetic and having venous leak
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 22 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You are a diabetic with a venous leak and need to know about penile prosthesis implant.
Normally the cost of the implant varies from Rs. 30,000 to Rs.1,70,000. But the implant made by certain manufacturers from India like Shah Indian Penile Prosthesis costs only Rs.7000. This is now the most commonly used implant in India.

As with any other surgery, there are some risks. There is always a risk of infection. Men with spinal cord injuries or diabetes face greater risk of infection during higher risk of infection during revision surgery, if there needs to be an adjustment or replacement of an implant.

Although modern day implant surgeries are safe and reliable, there are rare cases in which there are complications. In some implants, XXXXXXX parts can break down and not work properly, and in cases where inflatable implants are used, fluid can leak or the pump device can fail. In any of these events, corrective surgery is required. There have also been several reported side effects following surgery which include uncontrolled bleeding, scar tissue formation, erosion, and mechanical failure leading to re-operation and removal.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.