Having diabetes and sharp pain in clitoris. Cure?

I am a 26 years old female, and I've had diabetes type 1 for 20 years. Lately I have a sexual problem. After having an clitoral orgasm, I get a sharp pain in my clitoris for maybe 2/3 times, for very short time. Maybe 1 second. Then it's gone, no pain. Since my bloodsugar levels have been high for the last couple of weeks, I was wondering if this was causing this pain. It also caused (I think) for slighlty blurry eye sight.
Weird thing is, that I have zero pain before. And it's gone quickly too. But it's a sharp pain and it really causes me worries. It's also not caused by overstimulation, because I already waited with stimulation for a longer period of time, but it's still occuring.
I hope you know what this is. Thanks!
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I am afraid you might have to tighten your blood glucose control, certainly to avoid diabetes complications that you obviously know.

With respect to the pain, I am afraid this should not, in my humble opinion, have anything to do with diabetes, or diabetes control. It s true that this is a first experience. The fact that the pain disappears after might deserves some observation. I do not think its something to worry much about. I strongly suggest you observe again for a few times, and if it repeats itself, you might need to consult your retina, called diabetic retinopathy. In the normal annual work of diabetic patients, it is advised to get a fundoscopy, a special eye exam to exclude diabetes induced lesions. I suggest you consult an opthalmologist for a complete eye exam.

Thanks so much and hope this helps. Feel free asking further questions in case of need. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Having diabetes and sharp pain in clitoris. Cure? 30 minutes later
Dear Dr Engelbert Bain,

Thank you very much for the fast reply.
I am definately working to get my blood glucose at the right levels. And I have an appointment for my eyes soon.
I am wondering though, is there anything you think that might cause the pain I described?
What about a yeast infection, bladder infection, or maybe stress? I would like to know your thoughts on this for maybe some possible causes.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 34 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question,

the possibilities you suggested do actually present themselves differently. Signs like itches, discharge, pain on urination or frequent urination and lower abdominal pains if present would have made these diagnostic possibilities probable. I honestly think this could have arisen simply due to excessive involuntary muscle contraction from excessive excitation.

Thanks again and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.