Having diabetes. Leucoderma spreading on face and skull. Suggest some medicine?

I am a 62 years old man. Please suggest me the solution & medicine for lecuoderma (white patches) which is spreading on my face & skull (which is spreading at a fast rate from the age of 45) but on my body. I am a sugar patient & would not be able to take any strong medicine. Please suggest me light medicine (homeopathic / Aurvadic / allopathic) to stop the white patches.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

Leucoderma or Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease and the treatment comprises of medicines that can stop the disease progression like oral manipulate steroids or levamisole pulse and pigmenting agents like oral psoralens.

Steroids affect sugar metabolism and hence are to be used judiciously esp. in diabetics like you.

Other options include topical growth factors, tacrolimus etc.

One needs to be patient and should comply with the prescribed medicine.

Also regular follow-ups and investigations are required with medication.

The earlier you start treatment the better and faster results you get.

Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Follow-up: Having diabetes. Leucoderma spreading on face and skull. Suggest some medicine? 2 hours later
Dear Shri Batra

Please refer the name of medicines which is very light. I am now suffering from Diabettes. If it could be stopped by using oral medicene or applying the medicines please intimate me which will be available in India. I have not taken the medicine regularly. Please intimate the appropriate medicine which I can follow up. In regard to queries you have not mentioned any medicines. The white patches are increasing on face and skull only but not on the body. Is there any cream which could be applied without sun rays? Psorelans is the name of medicines or term of disease? So that I can remove these white patches from my face.

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Thanks for your repeat follow up query.
Please understand that there is no light medicine for diabetics. Everything can potentially go wrong. It is always good to XXXXXXX a competent Dermatologist who can follow with you in case of problems. Just go with the doctor with a clear mind that it is treatable however it is lengthier.
It is very difficult to follow on this platform for a chronic problem like Vitiligo.
Psoralens is a treatment modality and not a prescription drug name.
I can only guide you for the treatment options available and their potential side effects or contraindications.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Having diabetes. Leucoderma spreading on face and skull. Suggest some medicine? 14 hours later

You give me medicines so that I could follow up them and regularly. There is so many Dermologists in India. I want treatment from you which medicine will be suited to me. Applying medicine and oral medicine also. I am not repeating the queriies. I required the proper medicine as you are well known doctor. Let me do your treatment and remove the white patches from my face. Kindly reply and give suggestion of mediciens not other doctors.

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 27 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. I am extremely sorry, but you are not getting me.

You may contact me at my clinic where in I can do a direct physical examination and prescribe you the medicines.

You may get my details at this link WWW.WWWW.WW
Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation.

Alternatively, you can mail us at YYYY@YYYY . We shall guide you to the best of Dermatologists in your location.

I hope this helps.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Having diabetes. Leucoderma spreading on face and skull. Suggest some medicine? 2 days later
Dr. XXXXXXX Batraji

Please give detailed address of your and near location Dr. Address, Dermologist who are sitting near Lucknow, LDA Colony, Lucknow. Suggest something for this disease i.e. white patches. So that I could contact you or nearby Darmologist Dr. to give me some suggestion.

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 21 hours later

You may contact Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Dermatologist at this address.

No: 110,Opp Lekhraj Khajana Market, Maurtipuaram Colony, Faziabad RD, XXXXXXX Nagar, Lucknow - 0000     

Contact number: +(91)-0000

I hope this helps you. Please do write back for further clarifications.