Having dermatitis. What could be causing this?

Dermatologist
Question
I have dermititus. I would like to know the cause.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for the query. I can see there is lot of redness on your face. You might be suffering from rosaceae. I would like to know the following additional things. 1. Do you have photosensitivity? 2. Do you feel itching on face? 3. When you drink any hot thing like coffee, does our face become more red? Please answer the above so I can help you better. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: Having dermatitis. What could be causing this? 11 hours later
1.) Probably. I am fair skinned. 2.)yes 3.)have not noticed - I will look. 4.) It has spread to hands, feet, underams, chest - but, no scabs. a red dot- or, not even visible. 5.) I know you'll say do to a doc. I prefer not to go on a cream. I would like to find the reason. That might mean going to a naturopath. I went to my doc 2 years ago.(THis has recurred.) And, "we" could not figure it out so she gave me a cream (forget name). I prefer to find out why: food, et. 6.) I "lost" Dr Vaishalee Punj. I think she was 'taken back' (expression) by me. I am sorry. I liked her. Please apologize to her for me. I am 'experimenting' with this interaction. I find it interesting. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello, you are correct instead of just applying cream you must know the reason for this. If it was only on face Rosaceae would have been diagnosis. But rosaceae doesn't occur under arm. Do you have similar lesion under arm also? Is there any itch in any of these lesions? I am trying to rule out a fungal aetiology. Well you can try this service and ask as many questions as you feel. We will help you. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: Having dermatitis. What could be causing this? 2 hours later
Thankyou. Single ones under arm, one under foot, hand, inside of nose, behind knee. But, these are not the same as on face. They are not raised (I.e. pimple like) or not rough as on face (rash like). The are different:i)single ii) Itchy. Can't identify a red mark. iii)not a lesion in that sense. I also do hot yoga and aerobics - and, I am itchier after- (salty sweat possibly) p.s. I hope I did not scare off Dr Vaishalee. She XXXXXXX have been offended. I started talking away. She was very nice - oh dear.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Then it cannot be fungal. Fungal lesions always present with itch. One possible condition is cholinergic urticaria. In this condition there is generalized itch. Particularly in areas where we sweat more. As you mentioned your itch is related to sweat. Do you use any body powder? Have you tried anti histamine tablets any time ? Regards