Having depression, memory loss and fatigue due to Lacunar infarct. Solution?

I am suffering from lacunae infracts resulting to depression, low spirits, memoray impairment ,.mental fatigue kindly advise me how to come out of all these things.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 33 minutes later

I understand your concern. Your query typically represents the sequelae of post lacunar infarct.
Since these can potentially lead to further complications in future, an early management is crucial. The complications can be delayed and/or prevented.

This includes treatment with drugs like aspirin+/- clopidogrel, proper anti hypertensive medication and other measures to control diabetes and cholesterol, if any. Additionally, increased intake of fish and decreased intake of fat have also been found to help. Some physicians may add drugs to improve the blood circulation to the brain. Some drugs like pentoxifylline have shown some promise. However, these are prescription drugs and would require you to consult the doctor.

Hence I suggest you to speak to Neurologist and Neuropsychiatrist.

I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available for follow up queries.

Follow-up: Having depression, memory loss and fatigue due to Lacunar infarct. Solution? 43 minutes later
you have not mentioned about the drugs strocit plus which i am prescribed to take .
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 minutes later

Thanks for getting back.

The Strocit Plus that you are taking contains citicoline. It is typically used in cases like yours. It has a chemical that improves microvascular blood circulation. And so when used earlier, it can improve the function of the brain and can aid recovery.

So I would suggest that you keep using it under the prescription of your treating physician.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you no further queries.