Having dents. Erupted during massage. Noticed bleeding. What should I do?

I had 2 little dents and I could feel a knot when touching the area. After massaging it for hours I think it errupted n there s under skin bleeding . It's all warm what should I do but the knot is gone .
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
From the description provided and image attached, it seems probably you are having erysipelas or cellulitis of the concerned area. It is a bacterial infection involving deeper skin tissue.
Treatment requires a course of oral antibiotics like amoxyclav along with oral antiinflammatory analgesics like Brufen. Also warm water compresses of the area with application of topical antibacterial creams would help in faster resolution of the lesion. As above mentioned are prescription drugs, a consultation with doctor is highly recommended.
Hope this helps. Should there be any doubt, please write back.
Follow-up: Having dents. Erupted during massage. Noticed bleeding. What should I do? 24 minutes later
Can't it just be a hematoma? I checked my ear for Milan's ear symptoms redness swelling and my ears are fine . I m following the RICE method ( rest ice etc) and the swelling is decreasing. It's also turning a bluish/purple shade instead is red. That's another sign that it is healing. Thank you again for your help.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 14 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
From the more recent image that you have attached, it could be a haematoma too.
Haematoma formation is basically extravasation of blood in surrounding tissue which may lead to swelling pain and inflammation, if the amount of leaked blood is significant. Haematoma is usually formed due to trauma or the proneness to get the same increases when someone is taking blood thinners.
Treatment followed by you is apt( RICE). Many a times we prefer hot compresses instead of cold for better resolution. If painful, you may take antiinflammatory pain killers too. If there is no history of trauma or being on blood thinners then in such cases one should get platelet count, bleeding time, clotting time, prothrombin time tests done.
Hope that helped.
Wish you a speedy recovery.