Having dental infection. Prescribed with augmentin. Is this medicine safe for kids?

Feb 2013

My daughter XXXXXXX had a dental infection and suffering with pain. I took her to the dentist. The doctor removed the puss from the swollen area of the infection via injection. He had prescribed the following medicine,
2. mox kidtab 125 MG (1-0-1)
3. AUGMENTIN 375 (1-0-1)

When i searched in the web about AUGMENTIN 375, i noted that it not preferred for children < 12 years. Please let me know if it is ok to go ahead with this tablet OR equivalent tablet that is safe for the kids of 8 year old.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is safe and okay to go ahead with Augmentin 375

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Augmentin 375 mg contains amoxicillin and clavulanic acid and it is safe in children even from the age of 3 months.

Therefore I suggest you that Augmentin 375 is safe and it is okay to continue as part in the treatment of dental infection in your child.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.