Having delayed periods with little spotting. Could I be pregnant?

I am 4 to 5 days late for my period today. Today when I wiped I had a little red speck on the toilet paper. What could that mean. Could I be pregnant.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Thanks for your query
With late periods and the mild spotting that you had, the chance of pregnancy definitely exists.
Please take a blood B HCG Test to confirm the picture.
It will tell you about an early pregnancy, a failed pregnancy as well as an ectopic pregnancy also, which a urine pregnancy test would not.
Equally helpful would be to go for a pelvic trans vaginal ultrasound.
Feel free to discuss further.