Having delayed periods, stomach feels full, tired. Took HPT which was negative. Can I be pregnant?

I am 30 years old and have two kids, I don't recall having any symptom except being tired with either. My period is four days late and my stomach feels weird, kinda like I am full but I haven't eaten. I took a HPT the day I expected my period but it was negative. Is there a chance I could still be pregnant?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 28 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

If you are having unprotected intercourse, and your period is late, then there is certainly the chance that you might be pregnant. Certainly, with two prior kids, it does not sound like there are any fertility concerns.

The day that your period would have been expected MIGHT be too early. It is the earliest point that you might get a positive test, but there may be some variation in when ovulation, conception and implantation occurred that affect exactly when it will turn positive. I would check again after the weekend if you still have not gotten your period.

I hope that this helps and good luck!