Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods. Pregnancy test negative. Reason?

Question
hello sir,My age is 25, got married for 3 years,previously i had my periods on mar 17th.. till now i have not yet got my periods.. consulted gynacologist... she made test and the test was -ve abt pregnancy... wat is the reason behind that? she told me to take sysron tablet for 3days, though i tuk tablet i have not yet got my period.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

You have not mentioned are you taking any contraceptive pills or any other contraceptive method because menstrual disturbances also occur because of contraceptive.

There can be multiple reasons for a missed period. It can be due to stress, over/under weight, hormonal disturbances, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, hypothyroidism, excessive exercise etc.

You may have to consult a gynecologist for the blood test and ultrasonography to rule out pregnancy and other causes.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods. Pregnancy test negative. Reason? 11 hours later
hello. am not taking any contraceptives... we just follow do the process during safe period

Hi XXXXXXX

You are not taking contraceptives, this rules out the possibility of hormonal disturbance as a reason. However, you still need to visit a gynecologist and undergo tests to find the other causes for your missed period (mentioned in my previous reply).

You have taken sysron and still not having your period, it is recommended that you go for the urine and blood test for pregnancy one more time. In some cases, it takes more time to get a urine pregnancy test positive.

If you do not have any clarification you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.

Dr. Richa