Having delayed periods. Noticed spotting. Should I get pregnancy test done?

Question
i missed my period 3 days ago and im bleeding a little spoting if you say should i get a pregnancy test?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: If suspected, confirm/exclude pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. If you are always regular with your cycles, are sexually active without any contraception, pregnancy should be definitely be tested for. You can get a home pregnancy test done in a couple of days with a fresh early morning sample of urine or if you wish for a better and definite confirmation, go for the serum beta-hCG titre estimation as this is a more sensitive and specific test. You can also get a trans-vaginal sonogram after a week to clarify things better. If pregnancy is confirmed, the bleeding should be taken care of as it could be an implantation bleed which is normally seen most of the times or it could be a threatened abortion, in which case, further management is needed. If pregnancy is excluded, it could be an impending period or a temporary hormonal imbalance. Please consult a gynecologist for further appraisal of the situation. Hope your query has been answered. Please contact for more information. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Having delayed periods. Noticed spotting. Should I get pregnancy test done? 4 minutes later
what im scared of its that my period its really heavy and i have only had a little of blood n ita not even red its like pink a littel red

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please get a blood test for pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Please do not worry, but get a blood test for pregnancy if you wish to confirm. Please be more specific with your query; do you think it is a period ? From what I have understood about your explanation of the spotting is that it is of light color and could possibly be an implantation bleed if pregnancy is confirmed. Hope your doubt is clarified. Please contact if you need any more information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Having delayed periods. Noticed spotting. Should I get pregnancy test done? 7 minutes later
yes i had sex the 11th and I'm always having my period the 19 20 of everymonth n yesterday i spotted n today too after the blood dries it does not true brown it turns like a yellow almost brown but when i wipe its a light red not dark

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Had intercourse during the fertile period. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing again. You have had intercourse during the fertile period. The pattern of your spotting is suggestive of implantation bleed; please get a serum beta-hCG titre to confirm pregnancy. A trans-vaginal sonogram also would be useful. Please see a gynecologist for further help. Hope your query is answered. Please contact for further help. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Having delayed periods. Noticed spotting. Should I get pregnancy test done? 13 minutes later
thank u

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Always welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are always welcome and can contact any time for further information. I will be available for help. best wishes, Shanti.V.