Having dark pigmentation and pimples under butt area. Looking for cure

Hello doctor,
I have dark pigmentation and a lot of pimples under my butt. It has been there for many years. I am little worried about it. Can you please tell me what it is and is there any cure?

Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Kruti 4 hours later

After seeing the picture that you have attached, it seems that you have got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. That means pigmentation following bacterial and fungal infection.

I would recommend that you treat the boils that you get with application of mupirocin cream twice a day for a week every month for 3 months. This takes care of any bacteria residing in the skin on your buttocks.

Also application of clotrimazole cream twice a day will be useful. After 2 weeks of application of clotrimazole cream, you can start application of glycolic acid 6% cream at night daily in the pigmented areas.

It is definitely curable though the result may not be 100%.

Please let me know if you have any queries.