Having dark circles around eyes. Medications?

Hi, i have big 'tear drop' dark circles around my eyes. 1-1.5 years back i got an iron test done (Serum Ferrentine and iron count) during a hair loss treatment and the count was very low. I took iron suppliments (oral for some time and 6-7 injections) but left it mid way. Need to get this checked and start medication again. Please recommend which tests should i get done. Also, if there is some medication to treat these dark circles externally.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 minutes later
You need to get the following tests done.
1. Serum Iron
2. serum Ferritin
3. Total Iron binding capacity (TIBC)

Also get Hemoglobin levels tested.

Dark circles are very resistant, you can use Melaglow cream twice daily for 2 months.
Definitely you will get some relief.

Thank you