Having dark area on inner corners of eyes and side of bridge of nose. What could it be?

I have dark area appearing on inner corners of my eyes either side of the bridge of my nose. I am female and 52.What is it ? Someone said it was dehydration, another said sinus problems and another friend said its stress ......
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal dark area or nasal allergy

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your question.
Based on my experience most of my patients with similar complains have normal dark area on detailed examination. usually dark area is result of the optical effect of thin skin covering flat muscle orbicularis that helps close the eye. I encourage them to use cosmetic dark circle concealer and good results have been reported by my patients. Few of my patients however with same complains have nasal allergy and once I treat the nasal allergy they improve. You can see eye specialist for further management.
Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have more queries.