Having dandruff problem. What should I do to get cured from it?

Good

Question
lot of dry dandruf i use carf when going out i am washing my hair 3 times a day still it is not reducing and i am using scalp shampu and some times i am applying lemon by mixing in curd or water
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Dandruff can cause either an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be waxy or greasy, or it can manifest as an oily scalp with scales.

For dandruff treatment:

1)     Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin.
2)     Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). You can use any of these either all of the time or just once or twice a week, depending on the severity of your symptoms.
3)     You can also use topical antifungal cream that include 1% clotrimazole cream and miconazole cream 2%. Antifungal creams also are applied once or twice a day. But they should be used under prescription.
4)     You may need to alternate between types of shampoos if one type initially controls the dandruff but later loses its effectiveness. When shampooing your hair, rub the shampoo into your scalp well and leave the lather on for 5 to 10 minutes. Once your dandruff is under control, you may use ths shampoo less frequently.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Having dandruff problem. What should I do to get cured from it? 19 hours later
can u suguest a sampoo

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 11 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

You can use Head and shoulders, Selsun or Tgel shampoo. You can also get Nizoral prescribed if the symptoms are severe.