Having dandruff and hair loss. Permanent cure?

Hi Doctor,

I have query related to my hair problems
I am getting drandruffs frequently, i tried many shampoos and all however for time being it will gone and again after one month it will come back

Also i feel due to that i am getting hair loss

now my hair is very thin and weak and i am afraid i will lose all my hairs soon

Please suggest me any treatment for both problem for hair loss and drandruff

Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 6 hours later

First of all please understand that dandruff is only controllable and not curable. Dandruff occurs due to oily skin of scalp which when it is mixed with environmental dust, invites fungus malazzessia which forms flakes and forms scaling.
1. To treat dandruff you may take tab fluconazole once per week for eight weeks.
2. Use good ketaconazole sahmpoos like arcolane or tri-a-top scalp lotion, weekly thrice for four to eight weeks and weekly thereupon.
3. Dandruff will produce loss of hair due to thinning of hair for which you may have to use 5% minoxidil lotion twice daily
4. Avoid application of hair oil unless it is warranted, in which case you may apply overnight and wash it on the next morning
5. Take 5mg of Biotin tablet to strengthen the hair
6. Drink plenty of water and eat fresh vegetables and fruits

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Dr Prasad PVS