Having daily migraines. Tizanidine work better than flexeril? Maximum dose of hydroxyzine?

I am struggling with daily migraines, many around and behind my eye. I'm struggling to deal with 3 doctors in the soup. Two have conflicts with some medications.
These are the current questions I have:
Will tizanidine work more effectively than say flexeril? Or can they be combined.
Is the maximum dose of hydroxyzine, 100mg 3 or 4 times a day?
I have others but this is for now.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Using tizanidine with flexerine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Howevere, both of them act pretty similar to each other in relaxing the muscles.
The dose of hydroxizine for controlling the pain is up to 100 mg for each time of use. More than once using it during the day can increase the side effects. It is also true for the dose of it for controlling the nausea. Let me know if you have any other question. Be careful about the triggers for migraine since preventing the migraine is much easier. Best of wishes.