Having cysts in ovaries. Had unprotected sex. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Mar 2013
I've had un protected sex but have cysts on my overies is it still possible for me to get pregnant
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: YES, RISK OF PREGNANCY EXISTS Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health related query. To answer your question - yes, it is possible for you to get pregnant. I guess you are referring to polycystic ovaries. WOmen with polycystic ovarian syndrome have irregular menstruation and erratic ovulation, however they DO ovulate spontaneously in some cycles. In fact, it is impossible to predict sometimes when they will ovulate. SO yes, you do run the risk of pregnancy, if you have had unprotected intercourse. When was your last menstrual period, and what is the normal length and duration of your menstrual cycles - once you let me know that, I could provide you with more guidance. Take care.