Having cyst on penis. How to reduce it? Could it be removed without surgery?

hi my boyfriend has a cist on his penis how can you reduce the size or remove it without surgery?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Steroids can be used, but surgery preferred.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

There are medications that can be used to reduce the size of the cyst like steroids. But I am afraid, the cyst will always come back.

To save more, time and energy, the best method to manage the cyst is to consult a surgeon for the cyst to be removed surgically. He need not be afraid. This is conducted under local anesthesia and should not take more than 30 minutes or so. Once done, the procedure is completed and the cyst issue forgotten about. Surgical removal of such a cyst called cystectomy is a relatively simple and safe procedure.

I do suggest he goes in for surgery, rather than going in for medical treatment. Medications like steroids will only provide temporary relief. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish him the best of health. Feel free asking follow up questions in case of any specific concerns. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD