Having cyst like structure in scrotum. Feeling hard to touch. What could it be?

Hello Dr. Batra
I have four cyst like structures 5mm each, and many other small cyst like things on my scrotum. They don't itch or pop but they feel very hard. Can you please identify for me as to what it could be?
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 25 hours later

I am sorry for the delay in replying.

I was able to view the pictures you have sent. It looks like sebaceous cysts that are a common occurrence on scrotal skin.

Sebaceous cysts are painless, symptom free lesions which are only ugly to look at and are not pathognomic. The only treatment option is to get them remove - for cosmetic reason. New lesions can erupt anytime and can't be stopped. In case few lesions are present, one can get them removed but the procedure can't be performed in extensive lesions and repeatedly as the scrotal skin then loses its character and can harm the testes.

Hence it’s better to leave them. They are unlikely to cause any harm to you.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other queries

Dr.Rohit Batra