Having cuts and bleeding while trying for intercourse. Looking for suggestion

May 2013
i have been celibate for two years and now i have a boyfriend but i am very sore when he tries to penetrate. we are totally failing to have sex because i bleed - have small cuts around the mouth of the vagina. i am so sore and cannot allow penetration. your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later

the possible causes for your problem are,

-with advancing age estrogen decreases leading to,
dryness in vagina which can lead to pain and difficulty during intercourse,
your cuts over vagina may also be because of estrogen deficiency,
that can also cause bleeding as friction during intercourse can damage underlying blood vessels,

-cervical dysplasia and polyps etc things can bleed during intercourse and also can prevent penetration,

-diabetes can affect general immunity and vaginal infection can be seen because of this, that can also lead to pain and bleeding during intercourse,

so you better once consult gynecologist and undergo checkup, if no other abnormality detected except estrogen deficiency with doctor's advice you can go for topical estrogen cream and also water based lubricant and analgesic jelly if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.