Having cramps in hips and lower back. Have tender breast with discharge, shortness of breathe and tubes tied. Treatment?

I am having cramps in my hips and thighs and also lower back and side ,I also have leakage in my breast and they are real tender and soar ,shortness of breathe, acid reflux,cold chills feeling a little tired. my tubes has been tied for 12years.a little lightheaded. can anyone tell me what is wrong with me and this is the 4th repeat of my breast leaking the dr.s told me in the past that my problem was too much caffeine but I don't use a whole lot of caffeine ( please help someone)
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 7 days later

Thank you for the query.

I understand your concern. Let shall try my best to guide you.

You need to know that there are physiological and abnormal causes of breast leaking. Some of the symptoms can provide clues to know whether you have a physiological condition or a pathological one.
1. You have to notice whether there is leak from one nipple or both. Leaking from both nipple are mostly physiological and nothing much to worry.
2. Second thing you have to notice is the color of the discharge it will also helps you in differentiating normal and abnormal causes. Normal physiological ones appear similar to whitish and watery. Presence of blood or foul smell can indicate a pathological condition.

I would also like to point out that omeprazole may increase prolactin levels which in turn can cause breast leakage. Discuss with your treating doctor about this drug.

Besides this, you need to consult your doctor for detailed examination. Blood prolactin levels is one useful test that I will look to order if you were my patient.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have further queries you can ask me over here again.