Having cramps, fatigue, aching back, legs, and going bathroom after eating. What could it be?

Good evening,

I am trying to diagnose why all of a sudden since this morning, I've been having cramps, feel fatigued all over, slightly aching back, legs, and whenever I try and eat something, I end up having to use the bathroom only about ten or so minutes later.
* Note: This happened to me one other time a few years ago and eventually, as discomforting as it was, dissipated in about a week. Could it be food poisoning? Just Diaarhea?
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 53 minutes later
dear patient

thanks for your health concerns. the prodromal and constitutional symptoms are highly suggestive of an acute infectious process, and finally the presence of diarrhea localizes the infection to the gastrointestinal tract; it is likely acute diarrhea or gastroenteritis as we call it. more than 95% of the cases they are caused by viruses and just as you mentioned from a few years ago it resolves gradually within a few days. keeping well hydrated is the most important issue

truly yours

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN