Having cramps at bottom of feet, hips and knees are sore. Poor appetite and feeling cold. Suggest?

Over the past year there have been a lot of changes in my life so I'm not sure if I'm having a hard time with it all. But the bottom of my feet cramp up sometimes, my knees and hips become sore at times as well. Poor appetite that comes and goes. Recently have been feeling cold a lot. Fluctuating sex drive. My sleep schedule is not consistent as it once was. I also have a hard time concentrating.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for using XXXXXXX for posting your query.
I would be glad if you can provide me a few more details.
1. What about your appetite.
2. How are you maintaining your relationships.
3. Any suicidal ideas or thoughts of self harm.
Hope to hear from you.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: Having cramps at bottom of feet, hips and knees are sore. Poor appetite and feeling cold. Suggest? 1 hour later
Hello and thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for the reply.
1. My appetite comes and goes. Sometimes I can barely eat and sometimes I eat normal meals. I usually don't eat 3 meals a day though.
2. My relationships are not doing well, but not all of them are bad. Just the important ones aren't doing very well.
3. And I have not had any thoughts of self harm or suicide.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 17 hours later
Thanks for the detailed reply,
I have gone through your information in detail and it appears that you are probably suffering from a mood disorder called depressive episode. All the symptoms such as sleep problems, sex drive problems, appetite disturbances, concentration problems all point towards a depressive episode, although not severe. Depressive episode are temporary and can be treated.
There are two types of therapies that will be useful for you:
1) Talk therapy: Cognitive behavioural therapy
2) Drug therapy: Escitalopram, fluoxetine, venlafaxine, desvenlafaxine, agomelatonin are certain drugs which can be good for you.
You should discuss these issues with your psychiatrist ones who would be glad to deal with your case.
Please do add exercise and good diet in your schedule.
At any time if you develop suicidal ideas or ideas of self harm, do visit a psychiatrist in urgency
Hope I am of help to you,
Wish you good health,
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy