Having cramp in interior side of breast. Having menopause. BP is not normal. What could it be?

Thank you. I feel absolutely normal except I have a sense of a cramp in the interior side of my left breast. I have no other symptoms. So I went to the pharmacy and did a blood pressure test. I am an very athletic and active 56 year old woman. And just now started menopause. My bp was 150/90. Very very different than my normal 125/80.
I have had an achy achilles and have just chalked it up to age but now I am wondering - could this be a clot?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Observe for a couple of days. It might be stress

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

With respect to your blood pressure, I suggest it might be necessary to take the blood pressure all over again. You will need to have rested for at least 5 minutes and calm. It might be elevated due to stress I suppose.

The pain in the left breast might need some examination. Lack of any family history of breast cancer, no breast lumps nor lymph nodes should make us to observe for some time. If pain persists, a clinical review and may be a mamography should be done. For now, I think it is not an emergency. However, you should discuss the place of the mamography with your doctor in your next normal physician visit.

At the level of the Achille' s tendon, I think you need to observe. Clots generally cause pain most of the time in case of clots at the level of the calf muscles. However, other signs like the foot becoming larger, painful and blue should be suggestive of a clot. A family history of blood vessel disease is important. If not, massage and observation for now are sufficient.

I suggest you stay calm, observe for a couple of days. If symptoms are persistent or intensify, it might then require that you consult a doctor. Thanks once again and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.