Having cramp in feet and hip area. Have fibromylagia and arthritis. Taking Epilim, thyroxine, seroxat and omeprazole. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am suffering a lot of cramp. Not only in my feet but in my upper legs and around my hip area. I do have a lot of medication epilim. thyroxine. seroxat, omeprazole,mebveverine.simvastatin,solphedeine and I also have fibromyalgia and artheritus
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 54 minutes later

I have studied your case.

Fibromyalgia affects all joints and ligament leading to diffuse pain and stiffness all over joints. Rheumatoid arthritis involves mainly small joints ,causes early morning stiffness,aggrivates in cold climate,some times deformity. osteoporosis is associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoporosis and arthritis with fibromyalgia may lead to leg cramp and pain around hip

Another possibility is that you may be having nerve impingement. Our spine has multiple nerves, which are supplying our whole body, due to disc bulge these nerves get compressed and leads pain, and spasm.

So if possible, you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination.

My advise for you to do X XXXXXXX spine and if required MRI spine. please check your VIT B12 and VIT D3 levels. You will probably need painkiller and muscle relaxant.

Our patients find good relief with physiotherapy like INTERFERENCE THERAPY, ULTRASONIC THERAPY.

check with the treating doc if you require multiple medications, simvastatin can cause cramps and one of the many drugs can prolong its action.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.