Having cough, fever, headache and sore throat. Noticed spots on palm after medication. Any ideas?

My 7 year old daughter had a fever with headache n sore throat two days ago. I gave her tylenol she also had a cough through out the night so i would give her cough medicine. This morning she woke up with red spots on the palm of het hands undet the skon n also has little bumps on the top of her feet and she states that under her toes it h n hurt. Also she says her toes n feet feel tight n itchy. I gave her some benadryl. Can u help me please??
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The child seems to have a sore throat or a viral fever syndrome.
The red spots and the bumps on her body and the fever indicates a serious condition. She is quite sick and should be evaluated by a pediatrician and should get a thorough investigation because there can be sepsis/endocarditis etc. as a cause.
Get CBC, RFT, CRP, ASO titres, blood cultures and an echocardiography of the child and follow up with a physician/pediatrician.
Meanwhile your daughter should improve the oral health, brush twice a day and should do chlorhexidine mouth gargles thrice a day and avoid eating any edibles during ensuing 2 hours to ensure good germicidal effect of chlorhexidine; Do warm saline gargles after taking anything orally.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish your kid, a great health!