Having cough, cold, headache and sore throat. Suggest medication?

I have come down summer cold yesterday..deep cought .headache , sore throat..what iis the strongest cold med over the counter I can purchase?
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 2 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Try OTC available

Loratadine (Alavert, Claritin)
Cetirizine (one brand name: Zyrtec)

The above mentioned are OTC available anti-histamine medications. As you have headache and sore throat you may require an antibiotic too. Usually this type of cold and cough is due to viral origin. If it is due toe a viral cause, it may stay for around 4-6 days. Meantime, make sure you take plenty of fluids.

Please get checked by your family physician to see what has caused this sudden cold and cough.