Having cough, cold and allergic to dust. Nasal passage gets blocked leading to breath from mouth. Suggest the permanent cure?

Jai XXXXXXX n Good Morning

I am prone to cough and cold.Am allergic to dust
I suffer from excess cough formation n have sinusitis.The nasal passage gets blocked when asleep leading to breathing from mouth which you know is XXXXXXX Disturbed sleep means problems of all sort.Used to take Avil -25 which is banned here..My Ears are also getting affected(what I feel).Took ayurvedic medicines in the past n do yoga n neti etc
Could you pl more thing does allopath has a cure for this?

Suggest permanent cure and not only relief ?

Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
steam inhalation,antibiotic, cetrizine,nasal spray

Detailed Answer:

Considering your symptoms it seems that you have got allergic rhinitis. The usual symptoms are blocked nose, running nose, excessive sneezing, sinusitis and due to post nasal drip frequent coughs.
What I think you need is you must inhale vapours along with antihistaminics like cetrizine. A nasal spray combination of fluticasone and azelastine will have to be taken for prolonged period.

Initially since you have sinusitis, may take a short course of antibiotics like amoxycillin-clavulanic acid.

Almost 50% of cases of allergic rhinitis have concomitant asthma. So if you have associated breathlessness, then must get evaluated for that also...

At this point of time, I would say that permanent cure is not 100% guaranteed in any approach even in alternative medicine. However you can explore alternative and holistic approach through competent experts for a better solution to this problem.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Having cough, cold and allergic to dust. Nasal passage gets blocked leading to breath from mouth. Suggest the permanent cure? 49 minutes later
You have not mentioned name of any medicine.

A nasal spray combination of fluticasone and azelastine.-----I sometimes use Otrivin is that Ok.

Antibiotics like amoxycillin-clavulanic acid......medicine name pl

Antihistaminics like cetrizine - is a tablet doc recommend.I often take.
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brand names can be prescribed on physical examination.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up.

You must continue cetrizine for a prolonged period.

Otrivine do not contain any steroid, so will not help too much.

There are many brands available for azelastine and fluticasone nasal spray. You may choose as per your choice....

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

Best wishes