Having cough, cold along with throat problem. Cough while taking deep breath. Need advise

I was having cough and cold along with throat problem for 4 days. It was almost gone by taking medicines, but till yet I am having throat problem. It did not get completely cured. Whenever I take heavy breaths or talk continously, i am bound to Cough. Please advise.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait and observe...

Detailed Answer:

Upper respiratory symptoms take some time to recovery fully. Throat problem may take up to a week time to recovery completely. A dry cough can last up to 4-6 weeks sometimes.

Since you are feeling better after medicines you can wait for couple of days more. I am not sure what medicines were prescribed to you; but if you have an antacid in it please continue it for a week more. Gargle with XXXXXXX warm salt water thrice a day. You can also continue supplement like zincovit one tablet a day for 2 weeks more.

In addition to the above, drink plenty of water. Add lots of fruits and vegetables to your diet.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.