Having cough and sharp pain in lower chest. History of premature ejaculation. Proper diagnosis?

Jan 2013

I have a sharp pain on the lower chest below the breast and lateral. Recently had a cold and mild coughing still persisits. Pain is 36 hours now. O2 sat is 97-98 but heart rate is up (85-95). Could be fear that is raising rate. Breathing is OK. History of PE but not out of breath, not weak, just lower chest pain. Can palpate some sore spots on chest. Energy OK, no fever
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 22 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with chest pain.
Do you have running nose/ difficulty in breathing on exertion/ sweating?
Have you spitted out bloo on cough?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of acute myalgia.
Presence of cough, cold and chest pain suggests the diagnosis.
Myalgia is a prodromal symptom of viral infection.
Your oxygen saturation is normal an rise in heart rate is due to presence of infection in body.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), chest x XXXXXXX and electrocardiography (just to rule out heart pathology or effect on heart due to lung pathology).
You should go for complete antibiotic course (to prevent secondary bacterial infection), decongestants, cough suppressants and analgesics along with muscle relaxants.

You should also perform gargles three times in day; a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt.

You can ask direct query on this URL:

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava