Having cough and fever. Blood test done. Taking antibiotic. What precaution should be taken?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi doctor,
My recent blood report says that my blood contains 7% of eosonophils.I don't know how much eosonophils should be there and how much shouldn't be there in the blood.I am suffering from cough and I am getting fever frequently . All this is happening when I am exposed to cold climate and cold items like cool drinks ice creams etc . I am using antibiotics under doctors prescription from 2 months(not continuously but whil I am suffering with cough and fever) I got some rashes over my fingers recently and got panicked and I consulted another doctor where I came to know the eosonophil count is more and I got the correct answer y I have been suffering these days . MY QUESTION IS IS THIS DISESASE IS PERMANENT OR NOT OR IT CAN BE CURED BY TAKING CARE AND GOOD MEDICATION ?? AND WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN BY ME LIKE FOOD RESTRICTIONS.. please answer me doctor..
Thanking you,
U r s lovable patient.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Well, this is not so simple unfortunately.
First we dont know exactly which disease you have. This is mildly elevated eosonophils which means that there is some allergic reaction in your body. This is nonspecific and can mean nothing. Many people react with raised eosinophils when come in contact with specific alergenes.These are benign allergic diseases such as sinusitis,asthma and other respiratory allergies. So first you need to find out what causes your allergies. Considering other symptoms you ve mentioned and you age some more complex diseases must be considered such as juvenile artritis, lupus or other autoimmune disorders. Do you have joint pain and swelling? So i recommend to do further testing such as pulmonary function and allergies prick test. Food can be only one of alergenes. So when you find out which one is bad for you then you can know what to avoid.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help