Having cough and feels like there is a ball in chest. Chest is really sore. What to do?

General Surgeon
Mel boon
I have got a horrible chesty cough, feels like there is a ball of buildup in my chest but I can't bring any of it up, my chest is really sore and I can't lie down, it's horribly uncomfortable what should I do
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be respiratory tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hope there is no tra
If sputum is coming,you might have acquired respiratory tract infection.
If sputum is absent,it could be dry cough due to allergy or Cough variant of asthma.
I prescribe Antibiotic like Clarithromycin,Cough syrup which contains mucolytic and bronchodilator.If i suspect cough variant of asthma,i add nebulisation with steroid to my patients with similar complaints.
Please consult a chest physician.get clinically examined and take x XXXXXXX chest.
Your problem will be correctly diagnosed.