Having cough. Not cured by medicine. Started hair fall, body pain and red spots on palms. What is this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have been having a bad cough for weeks now, no medication seems to help. at the same time i have noticed increased hair fall, body ache and not round red/brown spots on the palms of my hand. what could this be ?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
A persistent cough for weeks indicates an infection. Such persistent infections are often associated with generalized symptoms like hair fall, body aches and mild rashes.
There are various reason for cough for long time. Some of the common ones are:
1. Tuberculosis-most common.
2. Allergic bronchitis.
3. Asthma or related problem.
4. Acid peptic disease.
Kindly get yourself examined by a chest Physician so that he/she may examine you and run a battery of tests if necessary like,
1.) Chest X-ray.
2.) Lung Function Tests.
3.) Sputum Culture.
4.) Blood Work
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having cough. Not cured by medicine. Started hair fall, body pain and red spots on palms. What is this? 30 minutes later
can you recommend a good doctor ? i live in south delhi preferably someone in hauz khas or lajpat nagar ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
To find a good Pulmonologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.