Having corn on toe. How do you treat a foot corn?

How do you treat a foot corn? I have a corn under my little toe on my left foot and it is very painful when I walk on it bare footed or in most shoes.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
That corn is formed due to constant pressure or irritation on a particular area for prolonged duration.
The lesion forms due to excessive formation of keratin layer, which later becomes dried and hard to cause pain.
The corn can be burned with cautery or laser by dermatologist.
A simple OTC treatment is also successful in many, you can apply the corn caps twice a day for 5-10days as required. They loosen the excess hard keratin and restore normalcy.
Avoid the pressure factors like ill designed shoes which can again cause corn.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.