Having copper-T in situ. Can I take regestrone to postpone periods?

Question

I want to take regestrone for delaying my periods but i have a copiti inserted. Will my periods be delayed post taking regestrone. Pls revert asap
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Progesterone can be taken with Copper-T in situ

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Progesterone tablets like Registerone can be taken for delaying periods even if there is coppet T in situ. Sometimes there can be irregularity of periods after taking progesterone, but it is not related to copper T. You need to take medication at least 3 days before your due date.
For my patients, after clinically examining them I usually give 5mg twice a day starting 3 to 4 days before the due date and take continuously till they want to delay (usually for 10-14 days). Kindly visit your doctor for a prescription.
Progesterone medication are very safe, but you need to be careful if you are high risk in developing DVT-deep vein thrombosis, other minor side effects are bloating, stomach upset, breast discomfort
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Having copper-T in situ. Can I take regestrone to postpone periods? 11 hours later
Actually I have already bought registrone medice. Is it ok if I take that only or progesterone is more effective

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Registerone is nothing but progesterone.

Detailed Answer:
I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.
Coming back to your question, Registerone is nothing but Norethisterone which is a progesterone. It is always advisable to consult your doctor before you take any medication.
Arif

Follow-up: Having copper-T in situ. Can I take regestrone to postpone periods? 7 hours later
Thanks for you revet. After how many days will the periods come post stopping the medicine

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
will get periods after 3 to 7 days

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the follow up question, you will get periods 3 to 7 days after stopping the medication. Once period starts if the bleeding is heavy I usually give mefenamic and tranexamic acid combination tablet for my patients.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW