Having continuous cold and sneezing problem whole day. Is it due to weather change?

Jun 2015

My friend has continuous cold and sneezing problem whole day. He is facing this problem in bangalore specially. He didn't have this problem in mumbai. I think beacuse of drastic weather change in bangalore he is facing this problem as he has same routine life everywhere.
will you please suggest some treatment?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 45 minutes later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post suggest that your friend might be having Allergic rhinitis.

Management includes:
1. Antihistamine preparations like Allegra can be taken for symptomatic relief.
2. Montelukast preparations, which is used as a maintenance therapy to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies.
3. Nasal decongestants & intranasal corticosteroids can also be used.
4. Maintain adequate hydration & take a healthy balance diet.
5. Also make sure that he is well protected from cold, dust & other allergens

Climate-wise Bangalore is a very nice place.
However, one thing he needs to be concerned about is the traffic & pollution in certain areas of the city with heavy traffic.
But, there is no need to worry.
It can be taken care of by using a face mask while traveling through those areas.

Despite these measures, if your friend is having the symptoms, then it will be better to consult an ENT specialist to rule out any systemic cause.
Investigation such as complete blood count will be helpful.

Wishing a Good Health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Having continuous cold and sneezing problem whole day. Is it due to weather change? 33 hours later

Thank you for your valuable advice.

Can you please suggest the prescription required for mentioned treatment by you, which can be availed on pharmacy store. So we will try that for some days and then will consult an ENT.

Thanks & Regards
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 19 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

The medications like antihistamines, montelukast preparations & corticosteroids will not be available without prescription.

Due to ethical reasons I am not allowed to write the prescription in this forum without personally examining the individual.
Even if I write, the pharmacy store won't provide the medicines.

So, kindly consult an ENT specialist, get your friend examined and take a prescription.