Having constipation problem. Sharp pain in head after I strained. Is this normal?

I have found that going to the toilet latley i have been severly constipated and i have to strain alot. It has gotten to the point today that i got a sharp pain in my head that only happened when i strained.but still have a dull headache. Is this normal??? And can straining do anthing bad?

Thank you
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:

Could be due to the straining alot putting too much pressure on blood flow. That's why you had headache.

The remaining dull headache is temporary and is normal and will go away in a couple of days time.

Try some NSAIDs (paracetamol, ibuprofen) for the pain, drink plenty of water, have a diet XXXXXXX in fiber and try not to strain hard. If severe constipated, can use sena folium tea or pills to help together with lactuloze; avoid using them for long time to prevent addiction.

Hope it answered to your question!

p.s.if you have other concern, do not hesitate to write me back!