Having constipation, bladder infections and bad breath. How to get rid of it?

i smell like fart many times but i dont fart. I also had stomach problems, stomach hurts when eat spicy food, have too much constipation. Also, I have been having bladder infections. The fart smell is bothering me, i dont know if it is my breath, stomach or vaginal odor. i need to eliminate the odor, or it could also be a skin infection, i need help

I take shower, i am a very clean person, the smell started six years ago, and i have kept ignoring, but it is ruining my social life. I keep smelling myself, but i dont knwo where it is coming from. how could a breath smell so bad, or how could it relate to stomach problems, etccc
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 21 hours later

Thanks for writing your query to us.

I went through the details provided by you with diligence and I agree with you - bad odour does affect normal life. At this point I hope you also agree that without a means to examine you physically, I may not be able to pinpoint the cause here. A detailed clinical examination by your treating physician would be needed to find the real cause.

That being said, very commonly such problems are associated with bad mouth odour. You can ask someone you trust to tell you the truth and confirm it. If confirmed, there could be many reasons of bad breath. Sometimes the cause is as simple as eating foods such as garlic or onions. Avoiding such foods will solve the problem. So will brushing the teeth or using breath mints after consuming these foods. Other simple causes of bad breath include poor oral hygiene, dental problems such as gum disease, sinus infections and digestive or liver problems. As you mentioned you have stomach problem and you get pain after eating spicy food, you may also be suffering with gastritis / acid reflux disease. This can contribute to bad mouth odour and the smell.

Vaginal odour is often associated by increased vaginal discharge, itching, rashes and other local genital symptoms. A local examination and vaginal smear studies need to be ordered if you have any of the genitourinary complaints.

Increased body perspiration may be a factor responsible too.

A direct clinical examination is absolutely needed to narrow down the cause. Therefore I urge you to visit your nearest physician and discuss about these possibilities. In the meantime I suggest you the following tips to treat bad mouth odour and hope it solves your problem.

1. As in most cases 85–90%, bad breath originates in the mouth itself and the intensity of bad breath differs during the day, due to eating certain foods (such as garlic, onions, meat, fish, and cheese), obesity, smoking, and alcohol consumption; I suggest you to avoid these diet products completely.
2. Drink plenty of water, have diet with less oil. Increase fibre intake of your diet. This will help to cure the constipation. Digestive problems can be the cause for the bad breath.
3. Eat more of fruits & vegetables to cure constipation.
4. Brush and floss teeth followed by oral mouth wash rinse regularly.

Hope the following recommendations help. I will be available for further discussion.

Follow-up: Having constipation, bladder infections and bad breath. How to get rid of it? 4 hours later
is it fine if I go to dematologist because I already set up an appointment with dermatologist for skin biopsy and esphageul diverticulum which can also cause the odor.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 23 minutes later

Yes, you can go to dermatologist who can examine you & also find the cause. Esophageal diverticulum is diagnosed by doing a Barium swallow or an endoscopy. A dermatologist will not be able to do this test, but after examining you will still be able to find the cause for the odour & will be able to guide you in further course of treatment.