Ask a Urologist   »  

Having constant pain in the back. Noticed dark urine. What to do?

I have an ache/pain on the right hand side of my back that is waist high. It is constant, and I also think my urine has darkened.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As from your history of having renal stone 2 year back and having right side loin pain with dark color urine, The mostly like cause is recurrence of renal stone which is very common, it presents with loin pain and hematuria which gives dark color to urine. As you also have history of colon resection 20 year back I want you to mention the reason or it.
For now you can go through simple tests like urine analysis and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis and consult an urologist for further help. Till then antispasmodics like dicyclomine will help relieve pain and take plenty of oral fluids.
Hope this will answer your query.
Thank you