Having constant pain in half of the body. How to get relief?

My husband is aged 35. He is a pilot flying helicopters (for past 10 years). He is complaining of pain in right side of his body starting from head to toe. The pain is constant through out the day. The pain in his right calf muscels is constant. Lower right neck pains when turned left or right. He is physically fit and actively participates in games. He is regular in running about 5km a day. He underwent sinus operation a year back.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 21 minutes later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
I want to know few things regarding symptoms.
1. Are there any symptoms of weakness of arms or leg?
2. Is there difficulty in vision. ?
3. Did he fly for long duration recently?
4. Any history of diabetes or hypertension or family history.?

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Having constant pain in half of the body. How to get relief? 1 hour later
No, there are no symptoms of weakness of arms or legs. Vision is also clear. he fly XXXXXXX for 5 hrs, which he is trained for and is doing for last 10 years. Not every day he has to fly or for 5hrs.

Yes, there is history of diabetes and hypertension in his parents( both are diabetic).

His blood reports are normal and regular medical tests have been done recently which are normal.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 46 minutes later
Thanks for response.
Depending on present condition it doesn't look anything serious to concern about. In unilateral conditions of body usually there are other symptoms which are absent in your case. So all major issues are clearly ruled out.
If he is having recurrent symptoms then we can do MRI brain as precautionary measure. For medication, I will suggest please consult your physician because doses and schedule modify according to flights schedule. He may needs Vitamin B12 tablets.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Having constant pain in half of the body. How to get relief? 8 hours later
MRI has also been done and the reports say normal. Already consulted the physician but the pain is not relieved. They prescribed some pain killers but its temporary relief.

He is not forced to fly everyday. Very rarely he fly for 5 hrs. And work pressure is not much. Any diet to be taken. He is non-vegetarian.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hello, welcome back.
Its good that MRI reports are completely normal. Pain killers will not be effective so much in such condition. It looks a neural or nerve pain. In such condition either a gabapentin or vitamin B12 tablets may be helpful.
You can ask your physician for the same. Presently we have to wait for response of medication.